By booking a stay with us, you have agreed to our terms and conditions. We look forward to welcoming you to Corrstown Village. Please observe the following terms and conditions prior to booking.
MAKING A BOOKING
The guest acknowledges joint and several liabilities for all services rendered until the full settlement of bills.
We recommend that you take out holiday/travel insurance prior to making any booking. To secure your holiday home, the full cost of your stay must be paid when booking your accommodation. All bookings must be made via our online system and should be treated as provisional until you receive confirmation from us via email. We do not currently accept booking by email, telephone or social media. To hire the entire village for your special event, please use our contact form on our website www.ohsostays.com
Bookings are valid for the maximum capacity indicated at time of booking, unless you have written confirmation from email@example.com for additional occupants. No additional guests will be permitted to stay overnight without prior authorisation from the Site Manager.
- Breakage deposit – a £500 deposit will be pre authorised on your credit/debit card that you used to book your stay. This will happen on the day of arrival and will be refunded in full once an inspection of the property has been carried out and confirmation that the house was left in acceptable order. Please note the deposit will not actually leave your bank account
You (and all other members of your party) are liable to pay for any losses or damages to the property from the refundable damage deposit and any additional charges where necessary Hirers must be over the age of 27; proof of ID is required
NUMBER OF GUESTS ALLOWED
We are happy to allow you to host guests during the day, however it is treated as a breach on contract if more that the stipulated number of guests stays in the house overnight. We kindly ask that day guests have left by 11pm.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
Check-in is from 3.30pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is by 11am on the day of departure. Late departures will incur an extra charge of £50.
Key collection is open between 3pm and 11pm
LOSS OF KEYS
If keys are lost during your stay there will be a fee of £50.00 taken from your breakage deposit.
TOWELS & LINEN
Corrstown Village provides guests with towels and bed linen free of charge – robes are available in the master bedrooms. Towels & robes can be used outside when using the hot tub. Please look after them and keep them clean.
Please do not take these items home – any items which have been taken will be charged at £15 per towel and £50 per robe.
If the items have been badly stained with tan, makeup or dirt from using/leaving towels outside – the same costs will apply as we will have to replace these items. Please do not use our linen as beach towels.
Cancellations made by guests more than 4 weeks prior to the check-in date will be refunded the total cost of the stay.
Bookings cancelled within 4 weeks of the arrival date are non-refundable.
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your booking, we will inform you as soon as possible and refund all monies paid to us.
If you fail to arrive at Corrstown Village to enjoy your booked accommodation, then you are liable for the full cost of the booking.
HOT TUB RULES
Guests can enjoy the use of the hot tub from 9am – 11pm daily. Use the hot tub with care and strictly adhere to the rules of use, for your own health and safety.
- Extra caution must be taken when consuming alcohol before or during use of the hot tub. We have provided plastic glasses to use when drinking in the tub. Please do not take glassware into the tub – if it breaks it will get stuck in the filters and will cause a significant amount to repair.
- Eating is not allowed in the hot tub – food particles can get lodged and damage the internal workings of the tub.
- Shower before and after using the tub.
- Do not use the hot tub if you are wearing fake tan and makeup (anything else?)
- Do not use the hot tub at all if you are pregnant.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to use the hot tub Please note that you will be held liable for any damages caused to the tub by not following these rules and damages will be deducted from your deposit. Corrstown Village does not accept responsibility for any accidents caused by irresponsible and/or negligent behaviour
GUEST BEHAVIOUR AND NOISE
It is important to us that all of our guests are able to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay at Corrstown Village.
As such, we request a no noise policy from 11pm to avoid disturbing fellow guests and neighbours, we appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
We reserve the right to terminate a booking prematurely or refuse entry and re-entry to the property where excess noise or anti-social behaviour is deemed to have occurred.
Car-parking is reserved for use by resident guests only.
In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to ask any guests exhibiting unacceptable or antisocial behaviour to leave the site, under which circumstances no reimbursement of booking charges will be due. Corrstown Village operates a zero-tolerance policy to any threat or actual violence, intimidation or aggressive behaviour towards our staff or to other guests.
CLEANING, DAMAGES AND LOSS OF PROPERTY
On the day of arrival a security deposit of £500 will be pre authorised on your account. This money will not leave your account and is fully refundable after an inspection has been carried out and it is confirmed that the property has been left in acceptable condition.
Guests should keep the accommodation, hot tub, outside area and furniture and fittings in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the stay. We reserve the right to deduct the cost of damaged items from the security deposit provided if they are judged to be due to careless or irresponsible behaviour.
While cleaning is included as part of your stay, we reserve the right to levy a cleaning charge if the home, hot tub or outside area is left in a particularly poor condition.
Guests will be charged for any item(s) that are removed or lost from the accommodation.
We do not take responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or for injury to clients or any third parties during their stay. We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover such events.
We are delighted to welcome your furry friend to our Dog-Friendly House: Two The Stables!
- Cost £50 per Dogcharged
- Max 2 Dogs per stay
- Pet Bowls provided
- Treats provided
- Outdoor hose to rinse off your dog provided, you must rinse any dirt, sand etc and ensure your dog is dry before letting them into the house (Please note the back garden of this house is not enclosed)
- Maximum 2 Dogs per stay
- All dogs must be fully house trained
- All dogs must be kept on a leash in communal areas at all times
- No dog should be left unattended
- An outdoor hose will be provided, you must rinse the dog off if he is dirty or sandy
- Guest is responsible for cleaning up after their dog and properly disposing of the waste in the outside bin area. Any dog foul left will be charged at our discretion
- Any damages caused to communal areas, private gardens or houses are the sole reasonability of the main booking contact and will be charged at our discretion
- You must wash the pet bowl provided thoroughly before you check out of your accommodation
- Please do not use our towels to wash or dry your dog, we ask that you bring your own towels for your dog.
- We welcome all well-mannered dogs. We reserve the right to require immediate removal of any pet that displays dangerous or unacceptable behaviour, including, but not limited to, biting and excessive noise such as barking
- We do not accept liability for any loss injury or illness to your dog(s)
SECURITY & CCTV
The site operates security CCTV in the car park and communal areas. Corrstown Village reserves the right to record and share any footage taken on site with public authorities and other relevant parties in the event of suspected criminal damage or serious breach of the terms and conditions of stay.
All of our holiday homes are fit for families to enjoy. We are happy to offer a travel cot with mattress and highchair to guests travelling with a child aged 0-36 months. But we have limited availability for these so please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We can’t guarantee these services. Guests making use of the cot will need to bring their own bedding for infants.
In the interest of safety, children should never be left unattended and parents/caregivers of children must accept full responsibility for the safety and well-being of children on site. There are several safety hazards on site, including but not limited to staircases, BBQs, fire pits and hot tubs.
Some properties have bespoke bunk beds. They are designed for 1 person on the top bed. Please do not allow more than 1 person on the top bunk at all times. Do not let children jump on the bunks as they might risk hurting themselves.
- All doors must be closed at night
- Please do not burn candles on the properties
- Do not tamper or play with any fire equipment – if fire equipment has been damaged or tampered with, a charge of £100 per item will be incurred
- BBQs must stay in the designated area and only used by an adult
- Do not bring on to the premises or use personal/disposable BBQs
- Guests are not allowed to bring deep-fat fryers or any other kitchen appliance
- The guest is responsible for any smaller personal electrical equipment that they bring such as phone chargers, hair dryers etc
- In the event of a fire, the assembly point is in the main car park. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this when you arrive or during your stay
- In the event of a fire, there is emergency lighting to point you to a safe exit
- Please familiarise yourself with the fire safety action plan for your property
- Do not tamper with any electrical systems
- Do not tamper or adjust anything on the boilers. A charge will be incurred if boiler settings are tampered with.
- Do not disconnect the gas from the outdoor fire pits
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Do not climb on the trees or fences
- Do not climb over barbed wire
- Do not trespass onto the neighbouring property/pasture
- If there is livestock in the surrounding pastures, please be vigilant and do not disturb or provoke the animals
- First Aid and Burn Kits are under the sink
- Under no circumstances are guests allowed to climb or go beyond the picket fence in the car park. This is a watercourse and is potentially dangerous.
- Gardens are not enclosed – children must be supervised outside at all times
- Access to roof spaces is strictly prohibited
BBQ AND FIREPIT
- Each home is equipped with an outdoor gas fire pit.
- Please be careful when lighting these, and be vigilant when using these.
- Do not light fires anywhere else on site.
- Our BBQ isn’t always available and is charged at £50 per stay. Please ensure the BBQ is cleaned after use. We reserve the right to levy a cleaning fee.
Smoking and use of e-cigarettes are strictly prohibited in the properties. Guests can smoke in the garden area at their home and we provide an ashtray which can be found under the sink. Any evidence to suggest that there has been smoking inside the home will result in the full damage deposit being deducted. Smoking is not permitted in any of the communal areas or in the courtyard.
By booking a stay at Corrstown Village you agree to: You (and all other members of your party) pay for any losses or damages to the property from the refundable damage deposit and any additional charges where necessary. You agree;
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at departure to reasonable satisfaction.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description.
- To vacate the property by 11.00 am on the day of departure.
- Not to smoke in the property or the communal areas
- To follow all rules set by health and safety, fire safety and Corrstown Village.
- Not to partake in antisocial behaviour, keep noise to a minimum and respect other guests staying at Corrstown Village.
- Do not take up more than two parking spaces.
- Not to loiter around communal areas, making noise or disturbing other guests.
Where any of these obligations are breached and additional cleaning is required, a deduction will be made from the refundable damage deposit and any additional charges not covered by the refundable damage deposit will also be charged to you if necessary. We appreciate your full cooperation with our terms and conditions to allow everyone staying at Corrstown Village to have a safe and enjoyable stay.
Warm regards, The Corrstown Village Team